Company Due Diligence Services in Spain
Be confident with your investment decision
Our corporate lawyers will guide you through the process step-by-step.
How can a lawyer help me?
Our lawyers at Lexidy LegealTech Boutique are seasoned experts in the process of performing due diligence for companies in Spain. We will prepare a legal opinion based upon all of the factual information we can gather and have accessed to. The legal Due Diligence investigation can be completed by both the acquiring company and the seller. This ensures that the client receives an unbiased opinion.
Lexidy will guide you step-by-step through the entire acquisition or sale in order to make the entire process as easy and hassle-free as possible.
¨We will be with you each step of the journey.¨
Why is Due Diligence important?
Legal Due Diligence is a thorough process that aims to shed light on an investment target. Companies and businesses may have hidden flaws and these issues could impact the quality of the investment as well as the price. These defects or weaknesses range from potential liabilities, like debt, to any pending court case that could emerge in future. Due diligence is here to give investors the full picture because they begin executing on transactions.
Once the company’s information is collected and analyzed, a lawyer will advise on whether the transaction should proceed or not. This information could also influence the terms of the transaction, such as the price or guarantees and opens the door to them being modified.
A smart and well-executed Due Diligence will help the Buyer to:
- Evaluate what they are buying and where the weaknesses lie.
- Decide whether to proceed with the purchase.
- Establish the right price and the strength of their bargaining position.
- Identify any liabilities or areas of risk that may influence how a deal is structured.
- Identify areas where they require protection in the contractual documents through warranties and indemnities.
- Identify any third party consents that may be required. This could include permissions from customers, suppliers or landlords.
- Identify areas that may need additional action following the acquisition.
What is the process of Process of a Due Diligence?
- Preliminary Contact: We schedule to a meeting with Buyer or Seller to understand the scope of the services and the transaction.
- Investigation: Our legal team will begin gathering the documentation and information. This is often a significant body of paperwork
- Report Presentation: We review the documentation and analyze it in full partnership with the client.
- Report Negotiation: Following the results of the report, our legal Team will negotiate with the terms of the future agreement with the counter party. This typically includes costs, guarantees, warranties and form of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Legal Due Diligence is essential whenever a business is sold or purchased. Our lawyers will examine the operation and identify any potential red flags, whether they are current or likely to occur in future, from the buy-side perspective. With the sell-side, we have the same approach and will help you release from any future liabilities.
It always depends on the size of the business and complexity but it’s approximately one to two months. There are other factors that may delay the transaction, such as the readiness of the seller or buyer.
This depends on the size of the company and the depth of the investigation. Our legal team can share an estimate after an initial consultation.
We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of corporate law. We work on these requests every day and it’s our passion. For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams.
How Can We help you?
Looking for more?
Our Smart Search help to focus on important!