🌍 Embrace Borderless Opportunities with Lexidy’s New Global Mobility Department. Learn More!

Understand your Taxes in Spain

We can help you when you stay on top of the Spanish tax system by explaining how to manage your tax scenario across personal income,  international wealth and corporate situations

🇪🇸 Reasons why Lexidy is your choice

Contact Us

How can a lawyer help me?

Spanish taxes are complex, and international sources of income, or its equivalent in Spain, is not always automatic.

Luckily, our lawyers can assist you into obtaining a clear reply to your specific query, making you understand with clarity your tax situation in Spain.

Our team will simulate your potential tax bill, explain how to mitigate certain situations and how you can be tax efficient, while being totally compliant. 

Our tax study is designed to improve your certainty when moving to or doing business in a new country. 

We are also there to help manage your annual tax returns and even VAT questions.

We will arrange a call with you to understand your specific situation and needs. It can be to optimize the amount of taxes you would have to pay in Spain, provide your remote employer with an analysis of the implications of your relocation in Spain, or understand how trusts, overseas income or LLCs partnership income are taxed in Spain.

No matter the query, we will be glad to provide you with a study on what will be the implications on your scenario in Spain, tax-wise, and what solutions can we offer or suggest.

Once we have gathered all the information required, and we have clarified any questions we may have, we will provide you with our tax study in no more than three working days.

Once we have provided the tax study, we will be available to discus the specifics of your arrangements, explore any clarifications and provide our recommendations to ensure you are tax efficient.

Find your
Tax Lawyer in Spain

Sergi M

Sergi Mingallon

Tax and accounting specialist
Maria Grima

Maria Grima

Tax Specialist
Sara Rinaldi from Lexidy

Sara Rinaldi

Tax Advisor
Albert Pujol

Albert Pujol Pinto

Tax and Accounting Specialist

Frequently Asked Questions

For the tax year that you are a Spanish Non Tax resident, you will only have to pay taxes in Spain if the cost of your salary is reinvoiced or paid in the end by the Spanish company.

Your foreign employer will not have directly any withholding obligations in Spain.

However, if the foreign employer has a permanent establishment in Spain, through a branch, and is deducting the cost of your salary from its taxable base for corporate income tax, they must make withholdings on your salary, which correspond to your personal income taxation.

You would only have to pay taxes in Spain on the sale of your foreign assets if you sell it during a tax year when you have been a Spanish tax Resident.

If that is the case and you are younger than 65 years old in the tax year you sell the property, you will have to pay capital gains taxes when selling the foreign property.

However, Spain has a capital gains exemption if you reinvest the money following the sale. It works as follows:

You bought the property for €400,000 and later you sell it for €1,200,000.

You have made a capital gain of €800,000 and buy a new home in Spain for €600,000

As you have reinvested 50% of the amount received, this portion is exception from capital gains tax. So you will only pay taxes on the 50% of the capital gain. In this scenario, you will pay capital gains on €400,000.

To receive this exemption, you must:

– live in the property for at least two years before you sold it
– buy a new Spanish property within two years of selling your former home
– live in the new Spanish property within a year of buying it
– live in the new Spanish property for at least three years following the purchase

Be happy. Join a community of satisfied and successful customers

Lexidy Legal Tech
Based on 456 reviews
Jonathan Elron
Jonathan Elron
07:37 13 Aug 23
A great law firm that covers anything an expat might need. I needed help with real estate initially, and they also helped me with immigration, taxes, and corporate legal matters. Fantastic people to work with. Alejandro from their real estate and immigration department is my main contact and he is an absolute pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!
Blake Yu
Blake Yu
12:13 30 May 23
I'm an expat / tech worker from the US and have been in contact Lexidy since I moved to Barcelona roughly a year ago and have to say it's been very convenient having help centralized across tax, immigration, and labor. Want to give a shout out to Monica Lopez, Gabriela Baly, Sara Rinaldi & Sara Fraile for all being very professional / supporting me as things have come up!I've already referred a few friends in that are interested in moving to spain on nomad visas. Gracias por todo!
Andy Kreek
Andy Kreek
10:14 07 Feb 23
I've worked with Lexidy with various tax and immigration related inquiries, which they have handled well.However, I did have a negative experience regarding obtaining a digital certificate. I engaged Lexidy to obtain a digital certificate, for which they charged 250EUR. As it turns out, the certificate was valid for just one year, which they did not inform me of when they delivered it to me.After I discovered it had expired, I wrote to Lexidy expressing my surprise, but I never received any reply.I then proceeded to follow the process myself to obtain a new digital certificate per the website of the Fabrica Nacional de Mondeda y Timbre to obtain a digital certificate. The process is, in fact, free and (if you speak Spanish) only marginally more complex on my end than engaging Lexidy.On top of it all, the digital certificate I received from the FMNT is valid for 3 years, not 1.
Ethan Keeney
Ethan Keeney
17:09 02 Dec 22
Sara has been a great help to me in my application for the Beckham tax.
Josh Pudner
Josh Pudner
12:15 24 Aug 22
We use Lexidy for our payroll and accounting services in Spain, and they have provided great service to us for 3 years. They always respond on time, are proactive, and accurate with their work. I would recommend using them. Our contact Isabel Sanchez is great to work with.
Declan Ryan
Declan Ryan
20:48 01 Jun 22
The Lexidy team is uniquely positioned to provide pan-European business and tax advisory services; what would be complex or impossible for a country-specific advisor is straightforward for Lexidy. They answered in days what would take weeks for other firms.
Mike Leon Widiner
Mike Leon Widiner
09:57 01 Jun 22
Excellent customer service by Jose García
Pit Rissiek
Pit Rissiek
09:37 19 May 22
Absolutely Professional and worth-it Experience!I can highly recommend working with Carlota Llopart and Lexidy! Carlota and the team have gone beyond my expectations when it comes to owning and actually even driving the steps for my mortgage, the purchase of my flat as well as taxes filed. I have had an extremely difficult seller, but I was able to fully trust the team to guide me through this first acquisition.I have already recommended Lexidy to friends who had similar positives experiences and will continue working with Carlota and the team. Side note, me being German: Great value for money too!
Nadina Jitaru
Nadina Jitaru
13:40 29 Apr 22
We've been working with Lexidy for years and they are professionals in all payroll and tax related matters. The team provides efficient and exemplary services, we've been working closely with Isabel on a daily basis and her continous support is greatly appreciated. If you are in need of lawyers or accountants, Lexidy Boutique is a great choice.
Rick Kleinhans
Rick Kleinhans
13:03 27 Apr 22
Lexidy has been a lifesaver. The entire team has helped us so much on different matters both personal and corporate. Isabel in correcting an error by a previous accountant that was costing us an extra €1000 every month in social security payments! Jose with various matters and tax advice. Diego in helping us get documents notarized in Valencia even though he is based in Madrid. I cannot recommend them enough!
10:39 26 Apr 22
Professional and very efficient. Excellent service and very easy to communicate with. I have been in contact with Jose Garcia, he helped me solve all my tax related doubts. Very much recommended!
Tanja C
Tanja C
01:36 24 Mar 22
I highly recommend Jose G. if you ever need any expertise in the field of tax payments (whether you are in Spain or you return back to your home country).Everything was handled fast, professionally and efficiently.

Frequently Bought Together

Company Formation

Turn your business dreams into reality with our expert company formation services in Spain.

100 Form - Personal Income Tax

Stay compliant with Spanish tax laws and avoid penalties by filing your 100-personal income tax form with our expert assistance.

720 From

Stay on top of your Spanish tax obligations by filing the 720- Informative form with our expert assistance.

How Can We help you?

Subscribe to our newsletter

Stay ahead of the changes that matter to you