Spain Digital Nomad Visa Lawyers
We provide expert Spanish Digital Nomad Visa services helping foreigners work remotely and live in Spain.
To request a free consultation case, please provide us with your contact details below and we will contact you via email or phone.
How can a lawyer help me with the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
A lawyer can help you with the Spanish Digital Nomad visa by providing legal advice and guidance throughout the application process. Some ways a lawyer can assist you include:
Understanding the eligibility requirements: A lawyer can help you understand the eligibility requirements for the Spanish nomad visa, including the criteria you need to meet and the documents you need to submit.
Preparing your application: A lawyer can assist you in preparing your application for the Spanish nomad visa, ensuring that all the required documents are included and that your application is complete.
Addressing potential issues: If there are any potential issues with your application, such as gaps in your employment history or criminal convictions, a lawyer can help you address these issues and present your case in the best possible light.
Representing you in appeals: If your application is denied, a lawyer can represent you in any appeals process and help you to overcome the reasons for denial.
Providing ongoing support: A lawyer can provide ongoing support throughout the application process, answering any questions you may have and keeping you updated on the status of your application.
If you are interested in obtaining Spain’s Digital Nomad visa, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our team of experienced lawyers is ready to assist you and guide you through the entire application process. Let us help you make your dream of living and working in Spain a reality. Contact us now to schedule a consultation and get started!
The initial requirements are as follows:
- There is a real and continuous activity for at least one year of the company or group of companies with which you have an employment or professional relationship.
- You can provide documentation accrediting that the labor or professional relationship can be carried out remotely.
- Depending on your type of working relationship:
- If you are an employee, the existence of an employment agreement for at least the last three months before the presentation.
- If you are a freelancer or have your own company, you will need to prove that you have had a commercial relationship with one or several companies for at least the last three months.
In both cases, it will be important to prove documentation that said companies allow you to carry out the work activity remotely (point 2).
Keep in mind that, in all cases, the companies need to be located outside Spain.
An exception to the above would be in the case of the exercise of professional activity (self-employed or contractors), in which the holder of the digital nomad visa may work for a company located in Spain, provided that the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of his total professional activity.
On the other hand, and leaving aside the initial requirements as far as the employment relationship is concerned, it is important to bear in mind that the requirements of a personal nature are:
- To not have criminal records.
- To not be illegal in Spain.
- To Have public or private health insurance with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. (Not necessary in the case of registration with the Spanish Social Security)
- To have sufficient economic resources for himself/herself and for the members of his/her family during their period of residence in Spain.
There are two ways to apply for the Digital Nomad Visa in Spain:
- Visa: If you apply through the consulate of Spain in the country of your residence, you will have an initial residence permit for one year (unless the period of work is for a shorter period, in which case the visa will be for the same duration.), After the year has elapsed, you must apply for a residence permit, which will be granted for three years.
- Residence Authorisation: If you apply directly in Spain while on a tourist visa or with a valid stay/residence permit, you will obtain a residence permit for three years (unless the period of work is for a shorter period, in which case the visa will be for the same duration.). The residence authorisation can be renewed for periods of 2 years. In this case, the application is submitted directly to the corresponding Spanish authority digitally. The Administration has 20 working days to decide on this kind of application.
Digital Nomad Visa Comparison with Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy
🇪🇸 Spain is calling for you…
Are you a digital nomad looking for the perfect destination to work remotely? Spain is the perfect place to work and explore. Let our team help you make the most of your time as a digital nomad and achieve the remote work visa in Spain. Contact us and let’s apply for the Nomad Visa together!
Ready to transform your Legal Solutions with exclusive benefits?
Navigating visa renewals doesn’t have to be a headache. With Lexidy, ditch the deadline dread and paperwork hassle– we’ll handle it all. Plus, unlock a range of premium benefits for a seamless expat journey:
- 10% discount on your next service
- Invites to our office events and networking
- Personalized reminders and service upkeep, fewer worries
- Free Consultation
- Fast-tracking and client priority (Responses to queries within 24 hours from our multilingual, expert legal team)
Join Lexidy’s Long-Term Program now and step into a world of enhanced, efficient, and personalized legal services. Ready to make the switch?
Frequently Bought Together
It is the most important document in Spain that gives you limitless opportunities for financial and personal activity.
Got a business abroad? Your revenue may triple if you target Spain, one of Europe's largest markets.
Tax ID Number
Spain created the most tax-friendly environment in the world. Pay less tax in Spain.
Find your Spain Digital Nomad Visa Lawyer
We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of immigration law. We work on these residency permit requests every day. It’s our passion. Our work goes beyond having a general interest.
For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful immigration process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams, whether it’s residence in Spain or simply an investment. We will help you to apply for a digital nomad visa in Spain.
Frequently Asked Questions
A national of a third country, of legal age (does not apply to citizens of the European Union or to those to whom the law of the European Union applies).
Always from the condition that your work can only be carried out exclusively through computer, telematic and telecommunication means and systems, there are two possible scenarios:
- Employment relationship: You can only work in Spain for a company or companies located outside the national territory for which you are teleworking.
- Professional relationship: You can work for a company located in Spain, as long as you maintain the professional relationship with the company or companies with which you request the authorization, you work for the Spanish company/s under a professional relationship (never labor) and the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of the total of your professional activity.
Yes, as long as the person can prove a professional relationship with the foreign company for which he/she works for a minimum of three months and the company authorizes the transfer to Spain.
Yes, the spouse or person with analogous relationship of affectivity, minor or adult children who, being economically dependent on the holder, have not constituted a family unit by themselves and dependent ascendants, who join or accompany the foreigners may apply, jointly and simultaneously or successively, for the authorization and, if applicable, for the visa.
How much money do I have to accredit so I can apply for the Spanish Nomad Visa for me and my family?
Applicants of the visas or authorizations of residence of telework of international character will have to prove that they have economic resources for themselves and for the members of their family in accordance with the following amounts:
- Holders of the visas and residence authorizations: amount that represents monthly 200% of the minimum interprofessional salary (SMI).
- Family units that include two persons counting the holder and the regrouped person: at least 75% of the SMI. A 25% of SMI will be required for each additional member to the two mentioned persons.
These amounts can be accredited among others with the contract, payslips, certificate of the displacing company, etc.
The residence and work permit process is independent of the Tax regulations and its authorities. If you stay in Spain for at least 183 days in a year, you will become a tax resident.
However, many countries have signed a Double Taxation Agreement with Spain to avoid charging additional taxes.
We will need to understand how the tax authorities will treat this income and the general requirements for worldwide income in Spain.
Our Tax colleagues can provide more accurate information, percentages and amounts regarding your tax status.
The holder must have health insurance from a company authorized to operate in Spain.
Our immigration lawyers can verify whether the insurance provider meets the Ministry’s requirements. Most international insurance providers do not meet these requirements.
The policy must have the same cover as the Social Security does without co-payments to avoid medical tourism.