🌍 Embrace Borderless Opportunities with Lexidy’s New Global Mobility Department. Learn More!

Spain Digital Nomad Visa

We provide expert Spanish Digital Nomad visa services to help foreign expats work remotely and live anywhere in Spain.

Contact Us

To request a free consultation case, please provide us with your contact details below and we will contact you via email or phone.

How can a lawyer help with the Spanish digital nomad visa?

The Spanish Digital Nomad visa is a great opportunity for foreign expats to work remotely from anywhere in Spain. Understanding the eligibility requirements and gathering the necessary documentation can be challenging when navigating Spanish bureaucracy.

Here’s how our legal team can help with applying for a digital nomad visa in Spain:

Understanding the eligibility requirements: A lawyer can help you understand the eligibility requirements for the Spanish digital nomad visa, including the criteria you need to meet and the documents you need to submit.

Preparing your application: A lawyer can assist you in preparing your application for Spain’s digital nomad visa, ensuring that all the required documents are included and that your application is complete.

Addressing potential issues: If there are any potential issues with your application, such as gaps in your employment history or criminal convictions, a lawyer can help you address these issues and present your case in the best possible light.

Representing you in appeals: If your application is rejected, a Spanish digital nomad visa lawyer can assess the reasons for the refusal and if they consider that there are options to reverse the situation, represent you in the appeal process and help you to resolve the reasons for the refusal.

Providing ongoing support: A lawyer specializing in the digital nomad visa for Spain can provide ongoing support throughout the application process, answering any questions you may have and keeping you updated on the status of your application.

Our team of experienced immigration lawyers in Spain is committed to making your dream of living and working remotely in Spain a reality.

Spain Digital Nomad Visa Requirements

The requirements for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa are as follows:

  1. The Digital Nomad Visa for Spain is available to citizens of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Check with your country of origen for visa eligibility.
  2. The applicant has been employed at their current organization for at least three months.
  3. The company must authorize you to work remotely. They must issue a signed letter authorizing you to work remotely. All the functions must be carried out remotely.
  4. The company you work for must have been incorporated for at least the last 12 months.
  5. If you are a freelancer or a company owner, you must prove that you have had a commercial relationship with one or more companies for at least three months.
  6. Applicants must have a clean criminal record history.
  7. As an employee of a company, you must have comprehensive health insurance coverage that is valid in Spain. 
  8. As a self-employed or business owner you will commit to register as self-employed in Spain once the permit is granted.
  9. Must demonstrate sufficient economic resources to support themselves during their residency. The amount represents 200% of the monthly minimum wage (SMI) plus at least 75% of the SMI for the first accompanying family member. 25% of the SMI will be required for each additional member to the two persons mentioned above.

It is important to note that in all cases, the companies authorizing remote work must be located outside of Spain. An exception would be in the case of a self-employed individual or contractor in which the holder of the digital nomad visa may work for a company located in Spain, provided that the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of his total professional activity.

What Our Clients Are Saying

Join the growing community of digital nomads in Spain and experience all that this incredible country has to offer.

Discover our
Long-Term Program

Ready to transform your Legal Solutions with exclusive benefits?

Navigating visa renewals doesn’t have to be a headache. With Lexidy, ditch the deadline dread and paperwork hassle– we’ll handle it all. Plus, unlock a range of premium benefits for a seamless expat journey:

  • 10% discount on your next service
  • Invites to our office events and networking
  • Personalized reminders and service upkeep, fewer worries
  • Free Consultation 
  • Fast-tracking and client priority (Responses to queries within 24 hours from our multilingual, expert legal team)

Join Lexidy’s Long-Term Program now and step into a world of enhanced, efficient, and personalized legal services. Ready to make the switch?

Frequently Bought Together


It is the most important document in Spain that gives you limitless opportunities for financial and personal activity.


Got a business abroad? Your revenue may triple if you target Spain, one of Europe's largest markets.

Tax ID Number

Spain created the most tax-friendly environment in the world. Pay less tax in Spain.

Find your Spain Digital Nomad Visa Lawyer

We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of immigration law. We work on these residency permit requests every day. It’s our passion. Our work goes beyond having a general interest.

For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful immigration process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams, whether it’s residence in Spain or simply an investment. We will help you to apply for a digital nomad visa in Spain.

Laura Fuste

Laura Fusté

Head of Immigration Europe
David Planes

David Planes

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Mónica Isern López

Mónica Isern López

Lawyer, Head of Immigration Spain
Gabriela Baly

Gabriela Baly

Francesca Coluccio

Francesca Coluccio

Legal Advisor

Sandra Faura

Carolina Gimeno

Carolina Gimeno



Eugenia Yanes

Eugenia Yanes

Legal Trainee
María Laura Arreaza

Maria Laura Arreaza

Immigration Administrative
Manuel Lorenzo

Manuel Lorenzo


Frequently Asked Questions

Always from the condition that your work can only be carried out exclusively through computer, telematic and telecommunication means and systems, there are two possible scenarios:

  • Employment relationship: You can only work in Spain for a company or companies located outside the national territory for which you are teleworking.
  • Professional relationship: You can work for a company located in Spain, as long as you maintain the professional relationship with the company or companies with which you request the authorization, you work for the Spanish company/s under a professional relationship (never labor) and the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of the total of your professional activity.

Yes, the spouse or person with analogous relationship of affectivity, minor or adult children who, being economically dependent on the holder, have not constituted a family unit by themselves and dependent ascendants, who join or accompany the foreigners may apply, jointly and simultaneously or successively, for the authorization and, if applicable, for the visa.

Applicants of the visas or authorizations of residence of telework of international character will have to prove that they have economic resources for themselves and for the members of their family in accordance with the following amounts:

  • Holders of the visas and residence authorizations: amount that represents monthly 200% of the minimum interprofessional salary (SMI).
  • Family units that include two persons counting the holder and the regrouped person: at least 75% of the SMI. A 25% of SMI will be required for each additional member to the two mentioned persons.

You will always have to present your bank statements for the last 3 months showing the receipt of the income. Additionally, you can also present the payslips, invoices, contracts, certificates of the displacing company, etc.

The residence and work permit process is independent of the Tax regulations and its authorities. If you stay in Spain for at least 183 days in a year, you will become a tax resident.

However, many countries have signed a Double Taxation Agreement with Spain to avoid charging additional taxes.

We will need to understand how the tax authorities will treat this income and the general requirements for worldwide income in Spain.

Our Tax colleagues can provide more accurate information, percentages and amounts regarding your tax status. 

The holder must have health insurance from a company authorized to operate in Spain.

Our immigration lawyers can verify whether the insurance provider meets the Ministry’s requirements. Most international insurance providers do not meet these requirements. 

The policy must have the same cover as the Social Security does without co-payments to avoid medical tourism.

How Can We help you?

Subscribe to our newsletter

Stay ahead of the changes that matter to you