Creating a Shelf Company in Spain
Our lawyers will guide you step-by-step in establishing your new entity.
Shelf Company in Spain
Take the first step towards purchasing a shelf company in Spain and turning your business idea into a thriving reality!
What is Shelf company and what are the benefits of it?
A shelf company is a fully registered, legal company, but it does not carry out any activity. The benefits of creating this entity include establishing a presence in a new market that may have residency requirements on certain activities and leverage for future business deals involving the company.
How to buy a Shelf Company?
To establish a shelf company, you must go through most of the same incorporation process as setting up a fully functioning incorporation. Buying an existing shelf company involves negotiating with the current owner and exchanging the necessary documents to transfer ownership.
To request a free consultation case, please provide us with your contact details below and we will contact you via email or phone.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Don’t try to go through the shelf company purchase process on your own. Seek the help of an experienced corporate lawyer to increase your chances of success and make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
How can I purchase a shelf company?
- Buying a shelf company requires paying the company’s social capital. This is at least €3,000 and the corresponding purchase price to be agreed with the seller.
- The purchaser must have an National ID number
- Corporate changes must be registered at the Mercantile Registry. This may delay the acquisition process.
- Purchasers must be physically present on the day when signing the Purchase Deed and opening of a corporate bank account, unless a Power of Attorney is granted.
Process of purchase
- Granting Power of Attorney allows shareholders to delegate duties to a legal expert when acquiring the company. The services we offer within this include:
- Buying shares from the company
- Obtaining Foreign Identification Number (NIE)
- Signing purchase deed
- Drafting the Article of Association
- Drafting the Shares Purchase Agreement
- Reviewing and applying relevant tax implications and regulations
Find you Corporate Lawyer
Frequently Asked Questions
Our lawyers will help you with all the necessary resources and actions to find and acquire an aged limited company.
Shell companies and shelf companies are two separate things. Shell companies have become synonymous with tax evasion and other criminal activity. However, both shell and shelf companies can provide completely legal economic benefits to their owners.
One of the main benefits of creating such a company is when the entity resides in an area that carries certain residency requirements in order to perform activities.
There also are benefits in cases where creditors require a period of time to do business. By forming a shelf company or purchasing a properly aged shelf company, a corporation is able to sidestep the time requirements of an area when they wish to start business there.