Become a Digital Nomad in Cyprus
Work remotely for your company and live in Cyprus with the Cypriot Nomad Visa. We provide assistance during your stay: visa, taxes and real estate.
To request a free consultation case, please provide us with your contact details below and we will contact you via email or phone.
How can a lawyer help me with the Cypriot Nomad Visa?
A lawyer can help you with the Cypriot nomad visa by providing legal advice and guidance throughout the application process. Some ways a lawyer can assist you include:
Understanding the eligibility requirements: A lawyer can help you understand the eligibility requirements for the Cypriot nomad visa, including the criteria you need to meet and the documents you need to submit.
Preparing your application: A lawyer can assist you in preparing your application for the Nomad Visa in Cyprus ensuring that all the required documents are included and that your application is complete.
Addressing potential issues: If there are any potential issues with your application, such as gaps in your employment history or criminal convictions, a lawyer can help you address these issues and present your case in the best possible light.
Representing you in appeals: If your application is denied, a lawyer can represent you in any appeals process and help you to overcome the reasons for denial.
Providing ongoing support: A lawyer can provide ongoing support throughout the application process, answering any questions you may have and keeping you updated on the status of your application.
If you are interested in obtaining a Digital Nomad Visa in Cyprus, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our team of experienced lawyers is ready to assist you and guide you through the entire application process. Let us help you make your dream of living and working in Cyprus a reality. Contact us now to schedule a consultation and get started!
The initial requirements are as follows:
- There is a real and continuous activity for at least one year of the company or group of companies with which you have an employment or professional relationship.
- You can provide documentation accrediting that the labour or professional relationship can be carried out remotely.
- Depending on your type of working relationship:
- If you are an employee, the existence of an employment agreement for at least the last three months prior to the presentation.
- If you are a freelancer or have your own company, you will need to prove that you have had a commercial relationship with one or several companies for at least the last three months.
In both cases, it will be important to prove documentation that said companies allow you to carry out the work activity remotely (point 2).
Keep in mind that, in all cases, the companies need to be located outside Cyprus.
An exception to the above would be in the case of the exercise of professional activity (self-employed or contractors), in which the holder of the digital nomad visa may work for a company located in Cyprus, provided that the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of his total professional activity.
On the other hand, and leaving aside the initial requirements as far as the employment relationship is concerned, it is important to bear in mind that the requirements of a personal nature are:
- To not have criminal records.
- To not be illegal in Spain.
- To Have public or private health insurance with an insurance company authorized to operate in Cyprus. (Not necessary in the case of registration with the Spanish Social Security)
- To have sufficient economic resources for himself/herself and for the members of his/her family during their period of residence in Spain.
There are two ways to apply for the Digital Nomad Visa:
- Visa: If you apply through the consulate of Cyprus in the country of your residence, you will have an initial residence permit for one year (unless the period of work is for a shorter period, in which case the visa will be for the same duration.), After the year has elapsed, you must apply for a residence permit, which will be granted for three years.
- Residence Authorisation: If you apply directly in Cyprus while on a tourist visa or with a valid stay/residence permit, you will obtain a residence permit for three years (unless the period of work is for a shorter period, in which case the visa will be for the same duration.). The residence authorisation can be renewed for periods of 2 years. In this case, the application is submitted directly to the corresponding Spanish authority digitally. The Administration has 20 working days to decide on this kind of application.
Find your Immigration Lawyer
We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of immigration law. We work on these residency permit requests every day. It’s our passion. Our work goes beyond having a general interest.
For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful immigration process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams, whether it’s residence in Cyprus or simply an investment. We will help you to apply for the digital nomad visa Cyprus.
Frequently Asked Questions
A worker authorized to stay in Cyprus to carry out an employment or professional activity (as a freelancer or contractor) at a distance for companies located outside the national territory, through the exclusive use of computer, digital and telecommunication means and systems.
A national of a third country, of legal age (does not apply to citizens of the European Union or to those to whom the law of the European Union applies).
Always from the condition that your work can only be carried out exclusively through computer, telematic and telecommunication means and systems, there are two possible scenarios:
- Employment relationship: You can only work in Spain for a company or companies located outside the national territory for which you are teleworking.
- Professional relationship: You can work for a company located in Cyprus, as long as you maintain the professional relationship with the company or companies with which you request the authorization, you work for the Cypriot company/s under a professional relationship (never labor) and the percentage of such work does not exceed 20% of the total of your professional activity.
Yes! The law was approved on the 22nd of December 2022, which means that you can already apply for a Digital Nomad in Cyprus.
Yes, as long as the person can prove a professional relationship with the foreign company for which he/she works for a minimum of three months and the company authorizes the transfer to Cyprus.
Yes, the spouse or person with analogous relationship of affectivity, minor or adult children who, being economically dependent on the holder, have not constituted a family unit by themselves and dependent ascendants, who join or accompany the foreigners may apply, jointly and simultaneously or successively, for the authorization and, if applicable, for the visa.
How much money do I have to accredit so I can apply for the Spanish Nomad Visa for me and my family?
Applicants of the visas or authorizations of residence of telework of international character will have to prove that they have economic resources for themselves and for the members of their family in accordance with the following amounts:
- Holders of the visas and residence authorizations: amount that represents monthly 200% of the minimum interprofessional salary (SMI).
- Family units that include two persons counting the holder and the regrouped person: at least 75% of the SMI. A 25% of SMI will be required for each additional member to the two mentioned persons.
These amounts can be accredited among others with the contract, payslips, certificate of the displacing company, etc.
The residence and work permit process is independent of the Tax regulations and its authorities. If you stay in Cyprus for at least 183 days in a year, you will become a tax resident.
However, many countries have signed a Double Taxation Agreement with Cyprus to avoid charging additional taxes.
We will need to understand how the tax authorities will treat this income and the general requirements for worldwide income in Cyprus.
Our Tax colleagues can provide more accurate information, percentages and amounts regarding your tax status.
The holder must have health insurance from a company authorized to operate in Cyprus.
Our immigration lawyers can verify whether the insurance provider meets the Ministry’s requirements. Most international insurance providers do not meet these requirements.
The policy must have the same cover as the Social Security does without co-payments to avoid medical tourism.
They can be absent a maximum of six months per calendar year to continue to maintain the requirements for obtaining the authorization.