[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Who wouldn’t wish to be their own boss? How many people have dreamed about starting their own business and realising all their plans and ambitions?
If you’re one of those people then you’ll be glad to know that starting a company in Spain is quite straightforward:
7 STEPS TO START AN LLC COMPANY IN SPAIN:
- Register the company’s name
- Open a Spanish bank account
- Draft Articles of Association
- Sign Public Deed
- Register Public Deed
- Obtain a NIF number
- Complete D1-A Form
Depending on the type of company, or its activity, the process can vary. However, here’s more detail on the seven standard steps that you should take in order to establish an LLC (Limited Liability Company) in Spain:
- The first step is to submit a request for the name of the company. The Spanish Commercial Registry allows for a list of five possible names to be submitted, in order of preference.
- A Spanish bank account must be opened, with a deposit of at least 3.000 euros, which is the minimum share capital for a LLC in Spain.
- The Articles of Association must be drafted, including the following information: the company name, purpose, address, share capital, organization, and the way in which decisions on the company’s behalf are taken.
- The Public Deed of the company must be signed by all the shareholders.
- After the signing, the Deed must be registered at the Spanish Commercial Register.
- A Tax Identification Number (NIF) must be obtained. It is applied for by filling in form 036 and presenting it at the Spanish Tax Agency.
- Registration of the D1-A form must be made, for declaring foreign investment.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?
The timing for starting a company in Spain depends on whether you go through the process from within Spain – or empower someone else to do it for you remotely by Power of Attorney:
- In case of Power of Attorney (basically empowering us to incorporate your company remotely, without you coming to Spain) it takes 2 weeks, from the moment of reception.
- If you’re in Spain: 5 business days.
If you want to know more about the establishment of a Limited Liability Company in Spain, and how we can help you get started, then get in touch or fill out the free consultation form below.
We will be happy to help you make your wish come true!