[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Spain is one of the most important economies in Europe and also one of the most visited countries in the region. It has everything a traveler would be looking for in a country, an incredible weather, awesome food and one of the richest cultures in the world.
Is it hard to open a travel agency in Spain?
If you want to open a travel agency in Spain or in Europe it can be a bit of a minefield since you will need to be aware of the European Package Directive and comply with it, not to mention that there a changes depending on the country you are looking to open a travel agency.
Among the requirements to open a travel agency in Spain you will need to:
- Research for the type o licences available for your business and decide which ones you will need.
- Sort out the financial requirements of getting and maintaining the licence you want for your business
- You would need to make the application for the licence you are seeking to have ( it would be wise to have legal help for this step)
If I want to open a travel agency in Spain do I need a company?
Yes, it is advised to count with limited liability company if you intend to open a travel agency in Spain. For this you will need to:
- Register your business name and structure
- Get your Business Licence and Permits
- Register as a guide if you plan on doing tours
- Open a bank account for your business
- Purchase a liability insurance in case anything goes wrong
Opening a travel agency in Spain is really worth it?
If you are interested to register a company in Spain in the field of tourism, you should know that starting from 2014 the industry attracted more visitors, recovering after few years of economic struggle. Tourism in Spain is seen as an industry which has the potential of economic development
At the level of 2014, Spain has received 64,9 million tourists, setting a new record in terms of visitors; tourists who have visited Spain in 2014 were from United Kingdom (14 million tourists), France, Germany and the Nordic States.
Tourists usually visit Spain for its beautiful, large cities such as Madrid or Barcelona, or for its summer resorts, but in 2014 the most visited location in Spain was Alhambra. More than 60% of the tourists are interested to see Catalonia, the Canary Islands or the Balearic Islands.
Having this in mind we would say that it is worth it.
How can Lexidy help?
If you are interested in opening a travel agency in Spain our lawyers can help you establish your limited liability company and help you get all the permits you may need to run your business. Contact us now and get a free consultation!