Introducing Nomads Home: Lexidy’s Work From Anywhere Platform – Go Borderless Today! 🗂✅🖥


student status to work status

Share This Post

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you are a foreign student in Spain and you want to get a job after finishing your studies, there are a few rules you need to be aware of.

Who can apply to change their student status?

Any Non-EU citizen that wants to change their student status needs to meet the following requirements:

  • You need to have resided in Spain legally for 3 years and have proof of successful completion of studies, research, training or work experience and have the required professional qualifications.
  • You must not have been subsidised by a public or private organisation within the framework of Spanish cooperation or development programs – or those of the country of origin.
  • You must also have a clean criminal record.
  • You must have all the requirements that the current administration requires you to have to develop your activity or business. And you must also be able to demonstrate that the planned investment is sufficient and, if appropriate, that it will have an impact on job creation.
  • Also, you’ll need to be able to prove that you have sufficient economic means for food and accommodation.

So how do I actually change my student status?

First thing you’ll need to do is to present your application at the immigration office of the province where the services will be provided, along with the following documents that must be submitted together with the application form:

  • Proof of sufficient economic investment or commitment of support from financial or other institutions.
  • Copy of your personal Identification documents / travel documents.
  • Your business plan.
  • Copy of the documentation that proves your qualification and, if applicable, the professional qualification legally required for your profession.
  • Your criminal record from your country of origin.

How can Lexidy help me?

At Lexidy, we can assist you through all the steps of the application for the modification of a student visa to a business permit. Get in touch for a free consultation below, or start a live chat if we’re online.

How Can We help you?

Subscribe to our newsletter

Stay ahead of the changes that matter to you

More To Explore

Immigrating to Spain from UK with your family

Immigrating to Spain from UK: Guide to a Brilliant Adventure

In this guide, we’ll give you all the essential info for making the move to Spain from the UK. From taxes and visas to healthcare and adapting to Spanish culture, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make this move a smashing success.

Do not hesitate to contact us

Our experts will be happy to give you a hand