There are 4 periods of time and different requirements for someone to request the Spanish Nationality:
There are several ways to obtain Spanish Nationality. Our specialised lawyers will guide you through the process step by step.Find out the requirements that apply to your case.
Time & Requirements for getting the Spanish Nationality
Depending on your personal circumstances, Spanish law requires you to have resided a certain amount of time in Spain.
Check out if you are elegible to apply for Spanish Nationality by residency or by any other means.
2. The applicant must not have left Spain for more than 6 consecutive months during 10 years. However, the administration may apply even stricter time limits depending on the case
2. In this case, the applicant must not have left Spain for more than 3 months during the 2 years before the application.
1. The applicant was born in Spain
2. The applicant did not duly exercise their right to acquire the Spanish Nationality by choice.
3. The applicant was legally subject to guardianship, custody or fostering of a Spanish Citizen or institution.
4. At the time of the request the applicant has been married for one year to a Spaniard and is not legally or de facto separated.
5. The applicant is a widow or widower of a Spaniard, if at the the time of the death of the spouse they were not legally or de facto separated.
6. If the applicant was born outside of Spain but their parents or grandparents are Spanish.
n these cases the applicant must not have left Spain for more than 3 consecutive months during the year before the application is presented.
I'M INTERESTED IN THE SPANISH NATIONALITY
SIMPLE. EFFICIENT. AFFORDABLE.