REDEME and SII registration
VAT refund is the most beneficial activity for investors. Lexidy's accounting team will guide you to increase your profits.
Reliable and timely communication with Spanish tax authorities.
What are REDEME and SII registration?
The REDEME (which stands for “Régimen de Devolución Mensual”) is a monthly refund system whose purpose is to obtain the input VAT of the investments made as soon as possible. As a consequence of using this system, you will also have to submit to the SII (which stands for “Sistema de Información Inmediato”) which is based on the keeping of the tax registry books through the Spanish Tax Agency electronic office by means of the quasi immediate supply of the invoicing records of your company.
This REDEME regime is mandatory for companies with an annual turnover of more than 6 million euros and it is also very interesting for companies that import goods to Spanish territory (operation subject to VAT) and sell them to other countries of the European Union (VAT exempt operations) so they accumulate large amounts of input VAT.
Read our frequently asked questions, we could have answered your question already?
How can Accounting Services help your business?
Those registered in the REDEME must declare VAT returns every month (between the 1st and the 30th of the following month) by filing form 303.
The VAT refund becomes effective during the month following the settlement period. This means that, in order to recover the VAT for January, for example, the registered person has to wait at least until March, once the liquidation period has passed (from February 1 to 30).
The refund is always made by bank transfer, in the bank account indicated by the company in its VAT return.
HOW CAN OUR LAWYER HELP YOU?
These systems require fast and continuous communication with the Spanish Tax Agency, so a consultant will allow you to comply with all the necessary requirements of this system and will release you from the responsibility of all this process of electronic communication with the Spanish Tax Agency. The client’s only function is to deliver on time the documentation (invoices received, invoices issued, bank statements and any other documentation that may be important for the client) related to the company.
Another benefit of having experts in the field is to avoid possible penalties for poor compliance with the requirements of this system.
What is included in our service?
- Reduction of formal obligations, eliminating the obligation to file other informative forms.
- When two companies are in REDEME and in the SII, the Spanish Tax Agency is able to cross-reference the data of the operations between them and therefore the number of Requests received by the Tax Authorities is reduced.
- Reduction of the time required to carry out the refunds, since the Spanish Tax Agency will have the information in almost real-time and more information on the operations.
Get reliable assitance
Meet your Accounting experts
Tax and accounting specialist
Tax and accounting specialist
Clients assisted in 2020
Our Score on Google Maps
Lexidy Law Boutique is a modern, dynamic, and innovative law firm. We always put customers at the center of our work and do our best to give an exceptional experience. Our expertise in Spain and Portugal allows us to solve complex problems thoroughly and cut all the risks before they may happen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the disadvantages of using this regime?
Some disadvantages related to these systems are:
- Shortened delays for data communication.
- Existence of penalties if invoices are not submitted within the established deadlines.
- The need to have software compatible with the Tax Agency’s platform.
- Necessity of training of administrative personnel for its use.
- An increased administrative burden for the company.
As can be seen, all these disadvantages can be solved by hiring an advisor like Lexidy.
2. What are the deadlines for sending invoices to the SII?
The deadlines will be:
- Issued invoices must be sent within four calendar days from the date of issuance of the invoice.
- Received invoices once are received and the entry is accounted for, the program provides an SII registration date from which four calendar days are available to make the submission to the Spanish Tax Agency.
3. What are the requirements to be able to apply the SII on a voluntary basis?
Although REDEME is open to any Company, certain requirements must be met:
- Be up to date with all tax obligations.
- Not to have been excluded from the REDEME in the last three years.
- In the case of the special regime for the group of entities, all the entities must have agreed to be part of it and meet all the requirements
Leading lawyers in Spain and Portugal you can rely on. Legal assistance in one click.
We are English speaking Spanish lawyers in Spain and Portugal that speak your language. If you would like more information or have any questions on any of our services, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Save our contact to your device
firstname.lastname@example.org | +34 932 71 32 61
Avinguda Diagonal, 442, 3º 1ª, 08037
Calle Villalar 7, Bajo Izquierda, 28001
Rua Joaquim António de Aguiar n.º 43, RC Esq, 1070-150