Golden Visa Investment in Spain

Our lawyers will assist you with every step of obtaining a Wealth Visa from investment. All you have to do is provide proof of investment, the rest is on us.

This permit offers a lot of advantages to its holders. The fastest and most privileged permit in Spain.

You can either apply at the embassy in your home country or already in Spain. All of your legal questions and issues will be handled professionally by our lawyers.

Wealth VIsa via


In Real Estate, home, flat or a land

1 Million

Saved in the Spanish bank account

1 Million

in Stocks from Spanish companies

Enjoy stressless relocation with our help

What is the Golden Visa Investment?

The Golden Visa is the residence permit for Spain with the most benefits and the simplest procedure. With this visa you and your family will be able to work in Spain from the very first beginning.

To do so, you will have to invest at least 500,000€  net of taxes or charges in one or more real estate assets, deposit  1M euros into a Spanish bank account or purchase 1M euros in stocks from Spanish companies.

Read our frequently asked questions, we could have answered your question already?

Need Visa Renewal?

After two years, to renew the Golden Visa, you will only need to prove that you still hold your investment. Also, to prove that you have sufficient financial means to live in Spain and a valid medical insurance policy. 

For the renewal of the permit, it is not required to reside a minimum amount of time in Spain. In this case, it is only necessary to visit Spain once during the validity of the residence authorisation.


The experience of our lawyers can speed up the procedure to apply for Golden Visa or residence authorization. We have detailed information about the process to be completed and the legal jurisdictions that work fastest. Also, we can fill in the necessary forms on your behalf and review the documents to see if they meet the requirements. Besides, our partners such as health insurance companies, juror translators or international schools will make your first experience in Spain even more enjoyable. Full assistance in Spanish, English, French or Italian. 

How we work with Golden Visa

  1. Investment
  2. Gathering and reviewing the documentation 
  3. Application form your own country/Application from Spain
  4. Registering at City Hall 
  5. Application of the Foreigner’s Identity Card

Find your Immigration Lawyer

Laura Fusté Immigration Lawyer at Lexidy

Laura Fuste

Head of Immigration Department

Mónica Isern López Immigration Lawyer at Lexidy

Mónica Isern López

Immigration Lawyer

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Immigration Lawyer

Maximiliano Agazzi Paulet immigration Lawyer at Lexidy

Maximiliano Agazzi Paulet

Immigration Lawyer

David Planes Immigration Paralegal at Lexidy

David Planes



Golden Visas Issued


Clients assisted in 2020


Our Score on Google Maps

About us

Lexidy Law Boutique is a modern, dynamic, and innovative law firm. We always put customers at the center of our work and do our best to give an exceptional experience. Our expertise in Spain and Portugal allows us to solve complex problems thoroughly and cut all the risks before they may happen.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How long does it take to get a Golden visa for Spain?

Once the visa application has been submitted at the Consulate, the administration has up to 10 working days to resolve it. Whereas, if the application is submitted from Spain the administration has up to 20 working days to resolve it.

2. Can I work with Golden Visa?

Yes, the Golden Visa comes with a work permit for you and your accompanying family members.

3. Do I have to buy a house in order to apply for the Golden Visa?

It can be any real estate asset, i.e, an apartment, a parking lot, a land…

4. Can I take out a loan to buy the property if I invest in real estate?

It depends. The investment of 500,000€ must be net of taxes and charges. That is, the initial investment of 500,000€ cannot have a mortgage, however,  a mortgage can be constituted on the amount exceeding this €500,000.

5. Can my spouse/partner and my children apply as my accompanying family members?

Yes, your partner or children can apply as your accompanying family members if you are able to prove you have sufficient economic means to support all of you. You will need to provide extra documentation as marriage or birth certificates.

Unmarried partners who can prove a long-term relationship can also apply as dependants.

6. Can my children of legal age come as accompanying relatives?

Yes, however, you will have to prove economic dependence and single status. Your children must also be enrolled in a university or academy. 

7. Do I have to stay in Spain for a certain period of time if I am an investor?

Obtaining a residence permit does not require effective residence in Spain, which is understood to be greater than 183 days. A visit to Spain is only required once during the period of residence.

8. Is it possible to make the investment through a company?

Indeed, the law permits law admits that the investment is made through a legal entity domiciled in a territory that is not considered a tax haven.

9. Can I make the investment jointly with another person?

Yes, the law allows the investment to be made through the acquisition of co-owned property. However, the minimum investment to be made by each person wishing to obtain the residence permit is €500,000.

How to obtain a Golden Visa?

There are two ways to apply for the Golden Visa. You can do it from your country of legal residence, at the competent Consulate, for which you will be granted a one-year residence visa for Spain.

On the other hand, the Golden Visa is the only residence permit for non-EU citizens that can be applied from Spain during a 90-day stay as a tourist. In this case, you would apply directly to the residence permit, which is granted for 2 years.

Should you obtain a residence visa for one year, you can apply for the 2-year residence permit during the validity of the said visa, once in Spain.

Prove of Investment for Real Estate

For the application, you just need to prove that you have acquired one or more properties net worth in €500,000 or more, free of encumbrances, i.e. without the need for a mortgage, that you have deposited 1M euros in a Spanish bank account or purchase 1 M euros in stocks from Spanish companies.

Should you invest in Real Estate, our Real Estate team of lawyers can assist you with the process of purchasing a property, even remotely.

Step by step process


The first step will be to make the investment, which can be either to buy real estate assets, deposit €1M in a Spanish bank account or purchase shares capital of a Spanish company.

2. Gathering of documentation 

Obtention of the necessary documents such as the bank and health insurance certificates or the criminal records certificate. Public documents must be legalised. In addition, those documents which are not in Spanish must be translated into it by a certified sworn translator. Documents with an issuance date have a validity period of 90 days.

3. Golden Visa application

  1. Application from your country (VISA)

3.1 Application at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate. Once the investment has been made and you have obtained the corresponding certificate and the rest of the requested documentation, you can apply for the Golden Visa at the Consulate or Embassy of your place of legal residence.

3.2. Switch to the Residence Permit. Once the application has been approved, you will be granted a 1-year residence VISA. Then, once in Spain, you can switch your 1-year VISA into a 2-year residence permit at any moment during the validity of your visa.

  1. Application from Spain (RESIDENCE PERMIT)

Whether you have arrived in Spain through the Golden Visa applied for at the Spanish Consulate or Embassy or during a 90-day stay as a tourist in Spain, you can apply for the residence and work permit, which will be granted for two years. This application can be submitted by electronic means and we can do it on your behalf.

4. Application of the Foreigner’s Identity Card

As a final step, once the residence permit has been granted. You will need to register at the Town Hall of your city and apply for the Foreigner’s Identity Card (TIE)


“After interviewing 7 law firms in Spain, I had the opportunity to spend time on the telephone with Federico Richardson Alborna, a leading attorney at Lexidy. My objective was to find an attorney well versed in all matters of law related to business, property investment and related issues. Federico is not only exceedingly well versed in the law, he is willing to go above-and-beyond to exceed the expectations of the client. This is exceedingly important for a US citizen seeking to better understand the nuances of Spanish law. I am absolutely confident in Federico’s abilities and delighted that he is so responsive and proactive.”

Daniel Davidson Google Reviews

“I asked this law firm for advice on my NIE immigration renewal process and they were amazing! Extremely helpful answering all my questions, reviewing application documents and explaining the process. 5 stars all the way, I will use them again next time.”

“I had a fantastic experience dealing with David, he helped us navigate the messy process beginning to end! Prior to settling on Lexidy, we had reached out to a number of other law firms to help us obtain our NIE/TIE during the messy pre-Brexit-mid-covid19 time. We found that, unlike virtually all other law firms, Lexidy Law Boutique was highly efficient, very quick to respond and above all else helped us obtain our paperwork quickly and pain-free. 

“I contacted Lexidy Barcelona after making the decision to buy some property in Spain. Reading Lexidy’s proposition, including the Google reviews, made me contacting them. At that moment it became clear that they exactly knew what real estate, in the broadest sense, is all about. Besides they made the deal possible during Covid, they also helped me and my American partner getting an NIE, an empadronamiento and helped me out familiarizing myself with the Spanish tax system.”

Paul Bonnike Google Reviews

Leading lawyers in Spain and Portugal you can rely on. Legal assistance in one click.

We are English speaking Spanish lawyers in Spain and Portugal that speak your language. If you would like more information or have any questions on any of our services, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.


Save our contact to your device | +34 932 71 32 61

Scan QR
Lawyers that always here to help Contact us for any legal need

Avinguda Diagonal, 442, 3º 1ª, 08037

Calle Villalar 7, Bajo Izquierda, 28001

Rua Joaquim António de Aguiar n.º 43, RC Esq, 1070-150

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get the latest Immigration, Corporate, Tax, and family news with our legal advices.