Work remotely for your company and live in Spain. We provide comprehensive assistance during your stay: visa, taxes and real estate.

Request free legal assistance

6 years

In Business

17,000 +

People received help


Happy clients in 2020


Score on Google Maps

Do you want to stay in Spain as a Digital Nomad? Our tax and immigration lawyers offer comfortable relocation.

Whether you are new to the Spanish legal system or lived here before, we will guide you to the desired outcome.

One step toward the goal, big change in lifetime

  • Write an email to

Email Us

  • Or call us +34 938 074 056

Call us

  • Barcelona

Avinguda Diagonal, 442, 3º 1ª, 08037

  • Madrid

Calle Villalar 7, Bajo Izquierda, 21008

  • Lisbon

Rua Joaquim António de Aguiar n.º 43, RC Esq, 1070-150

How to relocate to Spain?

Remote workers have a big variety of immigration opportunities. Depending on the country of origin and job details, you will be able to choose between a Business Activity or a Non-Lucrative Residence permit. As well we share understanding how to avoid double taxation. Our lawyers securing effortless migration while helping to save your money and time.

Lawyers ready to help

Laura Fusté Immigration lawyer in Barcelona

Laura Fusté

Head of Immigration Department


Jose Garcia

Head of Tax Department

English Speaking Lawyers in Barcelona

Mónica Isern López

Immigration Lawyer in Barcelona

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Cristina Negro Vizoso

Immigration Lawyer in Madrid

Hector Lopez Vazquez Corporate lawyer at Lexidy Madrid.

Héctor Lopez Vazquez

Corporate Lawyer in Madrid

Carles Saffouri LAwyer in Barcelona at Lexidy Law Boutique

Carles Saffouri

Corporate Lawyer

About Us

Lexidy is a modern, dynamic, and innovative law firm. We inspire and support digital nomads and freelancers, people with endless curiosity to explore the world. We aim to assist them in fulfilling all dreams to live life to the fullest.

Our experience is over 6 years of helping people. Our lawyers assisting people in making the most out of the future by taking steps toward it now.


Score on Google Maps


We try to answer you in less than 48 hours.


Transmitting confidence through continuous support.


We got sharp and efficient solutions to save your time and money now.


Google Reviews user

“Our experience has been both seamless and flawless. The best part for me is their responsiveness, they have been very helpful and patient in all our questions, doubts, and concerns.”

photo (2)
Alexander Fell

“Over the past few months, it was a very pleasant and smooth experience. We have no idea, where David and also his colleagues, take the patience from to explain everything and to answer so many of our questions.”

Google reviews user
Andreea Pascu

“I had a great experience with Lexidy’s Immigration department. They have been very professional and above all, very responsive in answering my queries and dealing with the applications.”

google reviews user
Fhallonw Cabrera

“From the initial consultation I did with them until the end of the process, I was always informed, they respond on time. All the questions I had were explained transparently and well. I am very happy with the service.”



In case you are a digital nomad and you plan to work and reside in Spain, it is important to take into account your job circumstances. It helps to understand which residence permit option is the one you have to apply for: The Non-lucrative Residence Permit or the Business Activity Residence Permit.

Apply for Business Activity Residence Permit if:

If you want to establish a company in Spain, you can act as its administrator. You have to have the company established and registered with the corresponding registry before the application for the Business Activity Residence Permit, before the Spanish Consulate corresponding to your country of residence, presenting all the required documentation. Should you wish that your company initiates the activity before you obtain the residence permit. In this case, you will have to appoint a legal representative of that company in Spain, which must be a Spanish citizen or a resident in Spain. Furthermore, you will have to find a place from where you will conduct the activity in Spain, which can be an office, a co-working space, or your home if your work can be done from there.
In case you plan to work as a freelancer in Spain, without a company, and invoicing to your clients on your name, even if they are foreign clients, you will have to register with the Spanish Social Security and, thus, you would not be able to apply for the Non-Lucrative Residence Permit. In that case, you would have to apply for the Business Activity Residence Permit, before the Spanish Consulate corresponding to your country of residence, presenting all the required documentation.

Apply for Non-Lucrative residence permit if you are:

If you are the director of a foreign company, and you plan to reside in Spain, while operating your foreign company, which issues invoices in the name of the company, you would not have the obligation to register with the Spanish Social Security and you would be able to apply for the Non-Lucrative Residence Permit.
In case you are an employee of a foreign company and you plan to keep on working remotely while residing in Spain for that foreign company, you would not have to register with the Spanish Social Security, and you would be able to apply for a Non-Lucrative Residence Permit. However, bear in mind that, lately, some Spanish Consulates are requesting a letter of resignation signed by the employer and the employee, in order to accredit that the applicant for the Non-Lucrative Residence Permit will NOT work in Spain remotely (this is contradictory to what is established by law but, as we know, the different consulates can have their own criteria).


Freelancers have to apply for Business Activity Residence Permit


A Digital Nomad living in Spain might have the obligation to pay Spanish Personal Income Tax. This will happen when any person working remotely or at the office is over 183 days physically in Spain. Therefore, he/she will become a Spanish Tax Resident. As such, will have to pay taxes on the worldwide income, which will include the income of remote work.

How to avoid being taxed in Spain?

In order to avoid it double taxation, the Digital Nomad will have to provide a certificate to Spanish Tax Authorities. It is named a Certificate of Tax Residency the country of the previous residence, for the tax year that Spanish tax Authorities might request. Otherwise, Spanish Tax Authorities will consider the Digital Nomad as a Spanish Tax resident and make him pay the corresponding taxes in Spain on the worldwide income, plus penalties.

Should you be in Spain over 183 days, you will have to register before the Spanish Social Security as a freelancer and pay the monthly contributions to the system. This will imply certain accounting obligations we will be glad to assist you with.

Leading lawyers in Spain and Portugal you can rely on. Free consultation one click apart.

Avinguda Diagonal, 442, 3º 1ª, 08037

Calle Villalar 7, Bajo Izquierda, 21008

Rua Joaquim António de Aguiar n.º 43, RC Esq, 1070-150

Subscribe to our newsletter

Be first to get the latest Immigration, Corporate and Tax news with our legal advices.