We are international Family Law experts in the subjection to Marriage in Spain

For those wishing to hold their wedding in Spain there are several steps that the couple must adhere to.
Civil ceremonies and religious weddings are both legally recognised in Spain. Same sex marriage has been legal in Spain since 2005.

If you wish to get married in Spain, it would be our pleasure to assist you with the Spanish administrative process.

Requirements for religious marriages vary according to the denomination and area in which an applicant lives.

What do you need to get married in Spain?

Necessary paperwork and documentation:
Prenuptial Agreement ?
At Lexidy, our experts are ready to assist you with drafting a prenuptial agreement, which is a contract between two people before marriage that specifies the assets of each person and how they will be distributed in the event the marriage is terminated due to unnatural causes.

The purpose of such agreements is to regulate what the future of the spouses and their assets will be in the event of divorce, with the peculiarity that such agreements have been made outside a context of personal crisis.

This guarantees the objectivity and good faith with which these agreements should be reached, and facilitates the divorce and, if necessary, the liquidation of the estate, to be carried out in a simple and rapid manner.
For a Civil Wedding
Valid passports for both parties

Original birth certificates

Proof that both parties are free to marry, which you may need to obtain from your home country’s Embassy or Consulate

Divorce/Annulment/Death Certificates, if applicable

Certificate of residence (at least one of the parties must have his domicile in Spain or be a Spanish citizen to qualify for a civil marriage in Spain)
For a Catholic wedding
Pre-nuptial enquiry

Baptismal, Communion, and Confirmation Certificates issued by your parish church within the last 6 months

Letter of Freedom to Marry from your parish priest, indicating you have fulfilled your premarital course requirements

Bishop’s special permission sent by your local priest of Archbishop

Any other applicable documentation, such as a Death Certificate, Decree of Nullity, or dispensation letter (Talk to your local priest or Archbishop for full details)
For both religious and civil ceremonies, all foreign documents must be accompanied by a Spanish translation and be stamped with an Apostille Stamp.