Introducing Nomads Home: Lexidy’s Work From Anywhere Platform – Go Borderless Today! 🗂✅🖥

Get a EU Certificate in Italy

Support for registering with the Italian Town Hall as an EU citizen residing in Italy for more than 90 days.

How Can a Lawyer Help Me?

Our lawyers regularly work on these procedures and can navigate the bureaucracy to obtain an appointment quickly for “Anagrafic” registration-

Italian public administration is not easy to deal with, especially when you don’t speak the language.

It is always better to arrive with all the documentation ready and organized to apply for your Residence in Italy, and our Lawyers can prepare it all for you.

We can also help to solve any setbacks or obstacles in the process. Our lawyers offer full assistance in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, French and Italian.

¨We will be with you each step of the journey.¨


What is an EU Certificate or Anagragic Registration?

An Anagrafic Register certificate is a mandatory registration for all European citizens who wish to live in Italy for more than three months or 90 days.

The certificate is issued by the municipality where they live in Italy and gives the holder the right to legally reside in Italy. It is only available to citizens of the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland.

This document includes their name, address and nationality and must be renewed annually. After five years the holder can request permanent residence in Italy.

The process does not require a police clearance certificate or a medical certificate.

If you are an EU citizen and plan to stay in Italy for more than 90 days, you must register with the Italian municipality of your place of residence.

You must have a valid ID card or a Passport that shows:
-You have been hired by an Italian company or you have permission to establish yourself as an autonomous professional or a freelancer.
-You are a student or you are doing an Internship that will last more than 180 days.
-You have any other lawful motive to live in Italy and you have the sufficient economic means to support your lifestyle.

You must make an appointment with the Italian municipality and provide them with all the required documentation to register yourself as a resident in the country.

To renew your Registration you will have to demonstrate that you still fulfil the same requirements of when you first applied. You must do this after one year of living in the country.

  1. Gather the correct documentation
  2. Complete a Declaration of Presence at an Italian Police Station
  3. Schedule an appointment at the Town Hall of your city of residence
  4. Register with a public official from the municipality

What Documents Do I Need?

You will always need a valid travel document, such as an EU ID or Passport, and proof that you meet the requirements.

For example, if you don’t have a job and you are not a student, you must provide valid health insurance or a form from your country of origin requesting your right to healthcare in Italy.

You will also need to proof that you have suitable accommodation, such as an lease agreement, owned property or a hospitality declaration, in Italy.

What Else Do I Need to Know?

Not all public officers are experienced at performing this procedure, so they sometimes request documents that are not mandatory. That’s why we recommend having the support of a Lawyer when dealing with Italian public administration.


We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of immigration law. We work on these residency permit requests every day. It’s our passion. Our work goes beyond having a general interest.

For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful immigration process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams.

Eleonore Tavares de Pinho

Eléonore Tavares de Pinho

Yuliana Colorado

Yuliana Colorado


Eléonore Tavares de Pinho

Born in Senegal to Belgian-Portuguese parents and having lived for several years in various countries, Eléonore quickly became passionate about Immigration legislation. She graduated from the University of la Sorbonne and the University of Florence and obtained a five-year dual degree in Italian and French Law. As an attorney, she chose to work in Immigration Law in order to have real action on the field and help people fulfill their projects.  Deeply convinced that digital technologies can make law and legal services simpler and impact people’s lives in a positive way, Eléonore will always be looking for the most efficient way to meet your needs.


Yuliana Colorado

Born in Colombia and migrated to France very young, her experience led her to studying international private and commercial law and helping international clients, people and companies, implement in France. In cooperation with the Tax department, she advises companies on immigration, employment and mobility matters such as hiring international profiles, outsourcing to foreign companies in France, or deploying teams abroad. Admitted to the Paris and Madrid Bars, Yuliana has developed specific expertise in managing global mobility and professional immigration of her clients in France and Spain, both companies and individuals. Yuliana speaks French, Spanish, English and Italian.

See what our customers have to say about our services

Frequently Asked Questions

Family members of EU citizens have the right to live with they in any European country where the citizen resides, that includes Italy

Yes, the Family “Permesso di Soggiorno” must be requested for Non-EU family members and allows them to work in Italy whenever the requirements are met.

After registering with the Town Hall, you must live in Italy for five consecutive years to qualify for permanent residence. You mght not qualfit if you leave Italy for more than two consecutive years. There are special cases where you can obtain permanent residence before the five year period.

You will still be entitled to stay in Italy to look for another job for at least one year. You will be added to a special list of Job seekers that will help you position yourself in the employment market.

It depends on your situation.
For example, if you are hired by a company, you will have the right to receive healthcare as an employee. If, however, you are applying as a student course or non-work related reason, you must have proof that you have a valid healthcare in the country.

Lexidy’s lawyers can guide you through the requirements of the healthcare policy and how to obtain one from your home country.

How Can We help you?