Introducing Nomads Home: Lexidy’s Work From Anywhere Platform – Go Borderless Today! đź—‚âś…đź–Ą

Working in France as a salaried employee

Work for French company as an ex-pats

Who is eligible for this work visa?

This visa is available to all non-EU citizens who have a job offer to work in France for a private employer, a company or other kind of organization. The contract can either be fixed-term or permanent and is open to all ex-pats and foreigners who have been offered employment by a French employer.

¨We will be with you each step of the journey.¨


What is the difference between Talent Passport and regular employee work permit?

The so-called Talent Passport is a residence permit that is focused on jobs for highly-qualified employees. These roles require a certain level of work experience in the sector or high standard of formal education. They can also positions with companies that the French Ministry of Economy has recognized as innovative. Furthermore, the annual salary must meet a minimum threshold that’s in line with the required expertise of the role. One of the benefits of this visa is that it comes with up to four years of residency and has an accelerated process with dedicated immigration staff.

Whereas a regular employee work permit has a higher threshold for the Ministry of Labor. For example, the employer look for existing talvent within France to make the hire and if they cannot find candidates, then they must obtain authorization from the authorities to hire someone beyond French borders.

Our team of English-speaking Immigration lawyers are here to assist you through the whole process of moving to France and obtaining a Talent Passport or regular employee work permit. Lexidy’s lawyers start by providing you with the complete list of the documents you will need to gather in order to submit your application. They will review all your necessary documentation and help you to complete various forms. Furthermore, they will recommend sworn translators for any documentation that needs to be officially translated into French.

We provide a quality service where you can easily contact us throughout the application process. We are here to answer any questions and aim to do so within 24 hours. Our lawyers are dedicated to support you in every step of the process towards living and working in France.

Process of getting your work permit in France as an employee

The first step actually starts with the employer. They must publish a job offer in France for at least three weeks and attempt to employ a person from within France or the European Union. The company must be able to satisfy the officials that there wasn’t a suitable candidate for the position and needed to look for talent beyond French borders, which can be a tricky proposition.

Once the non-EU candidate has applied for the role, the French employer must request a work authorization for the candidate from the French Ministry of Labor. Sometimes, the employer may have an exemption for seeking an official work authorization. For example, there are exemptions for employment contracts with a duration of the 90 days or less or for roles with cultural and artistic value.

After obtaining the work authorization, the applicant can apply for a visa at the French Embassy or Consulate. This will be directly tied with the employment contract and will reflect the durdation of the contract and the nature of the work. Typically, this means that the employees will be issued a temporary visa with a maximum validity of 180 days or a longer stay visa with residence permit that is valid for up to 12 months. The longer stay visa will need to be validated within three months of arriving in France.

How can a lawyer help with the Golden Visa?

You can either apply at the embassy in your home country or in Spain. All of your legal questions and Spanish residency issues will be handled professionally by our lawyers.


We are a department formed by qualified legal experts who have been trained in the field of immigration law. We work on these residency permit requests every day. It’s our passion. Our work goes beyond having a general interest.

For us, Lexidy is a way of life and what excites us the most is to be able to deliver the happiness and satisfaction of a successful immigration process. We want to help you achieve your goals and dreams.

Eleonore Tavares de Pinho

Eléonore Tavares de Pinho

Yuliana Colorado

Yuliana Colorado


Eléonore Tavares de Pinho

Born in Senegal to Belgian-Portuguese parents and having lived for several years in various countries, Eléonore quickly became passionate about Immigration legislation. She graduated from the University of la Sorbonne and the University of Florence and obtained a five-year dual degree in Italian and French Law. As an attorney, she chose to work in Immigration Law in order to have real action on the field and help people fulfill their projects.  Deeply convinced that digital technologies can make law and legal services simpler and impact people’s lives in a positive way, Eléonore will always be looking for the most efficient way to meet your needs.


Yuliana Colorado

Born in Colombia and migrated to France very young, her experience led her to studying international private and commercial law and helping international clients, people and companies, implement in France. In cooperation with the Tax department, she advises companies on immigration, employment and mobility matters such as hiring international profiles, outsourcing to foreign companies in France, or deploying teams abroad. Admitted to the Paris and Madrid Bars, Yuliana has developed specific expertise in managing global mobility and professional immigration of her clients in France and Spain, both companies and individuals. Yuliana speaks French, Spanish, English and Italian.

See what our customers have to say about our services

Frequently Asked Questions

Generally, you would need to submit the work authorization that was obtained by your employer, if they don’t have an exemption. Additional supporting documents may also need to be submitted, such as proof of professional qualifications or educational credentials.

If you are hired as a seasonal worker, your employer must first obtain work authorization for you from the French Ministry of Labor. You will then be issued with a multi-year “Travailleur Saisonnier”, or seasonal worker, Long-Stay Visa, which will allow you to enter France and work in France for up to six months per year.

After having entered France, you will need to go to a Police Station to request the corresponding multi-year “Travailleur Saisonnier” Residence Permit.
Can you change company in France on this permit?

If you change employer while on a work permit, your new employer must obtain a new work authorization that’s specific to you from the French Ministry of Labor.

The renewal process can start two months before the employee residence permit expires. You can apply for renewal if you show proof that you continue to meet the conditions that first granted you the permit.

Your family members may independently apply for the same residence permit independent that you have been issued.

They can also apply for residency in France under family reunification terms after you have legally resided in France for at least 18 months

How Can We help you?